Fraudsters and hackers sometimes target students. Here’s a list of common scams you might encounter while you are a student. The list is not a comprehensive list. Being vigilant is important.
- Fraudsters impersonating the Student Loans Company
- Fraudsters impersonating your University
- Fraudsters impersonating the UKVI
- Student rental scams
- Student 'jobs’ that turn out to be money-laundering
- Email scams
- Identity theft and cyber crimes
- Unexpected callers at the door
- White van scams
You may also find the Little Book of Big Scams useful, which covers common scams targetting everyone, not just students.